Why NaNoWriMo Fails So Many Writers
At the beginning of November, many writers get excited about joining NaNoWriMo. They might finish a novel in that month or not.
Regardless, it usually does not end up the way they thought it would.
If you bought Storytelling for Pantsers, you get the full checklist of what a quality writing program is like.
What does that look like?
The right program:
- Has the right knowledge. It tells you how to do something, not just gives you accountability. NaNoWrimo could be a great thing but it is so not focused on your craft skills. What do you do when your character misbehaves when your plot gets all twisted? You need information on how to get out of these and a quality program will tell you just that.
- Gives you the support you need. It helps you when you get stuck in those moments when you can’t make your word count, stuck in an emotional state, and more.
- Has quality feedback. So many writers come to and say they have given up writing because they got the wrong kind of feedback. Trust only professionals to give you high quality feedback. We don’t just trust anyone who has a fork and a toothpick to fix our teeth–we trust our dentists to do that. It is the same with writing–trust only professionals to give you the right kind of feedback.
- Has someone who has insider industry knowledge. The publishing industry is fickle. What’s trending now changes really quickly. Trust your novel with someone who knows what’s going on with someone who meets with industry professionals regularly.
- Gives you accountability. The NaNoWriMo program gives you really important aspect of accountability–the time that you set aside in writing is rewarded. This is good, but this is the only aspect that this program gives writers. Writing programs are supposed to have all the components mentioned above that not only help writers complete their books but complete them well–to publishable.
If you want real progress and want to publish your novel, get on a call with me. We can talk about where you are, where you’d like to go, and how you can get there. Let’s see if you are the right fit for the program and we can help you get your book from finished to published.